There are five type of services in a hotel dining room what should be handled by hotel waiters. There also five styles according to the above five types all around the world. You are better off knowing these before you go to hotel. you can got more of hotel services in here before you go wherever hotel.
1) American Service
1. In American service the food is portioned out on to the plate in the kitchen.
2. The waiter has to collect the plate from the kitchen and place it in front of the customer from the right hand side of the guest walking in a clockwise direction.
3. Wait until all finish eating to do the clearance from right side.
4. Waiter has to bring 4 plates at once, 3from his left hand side and one from his right hand.
5. American service is simple time saving, profitable.
It is ideal for coffee shop or restaurants where clients are in a hurry. Usually the plates are used in American service are colorful.
2) French Service
1. In this type of service the food is portioned out to the service plate in the kitchen.
2. The waiter brings and presents it to the guest from the left hand side.
3. When approval is given by the customer the waiter serves from the same side using service cutlery.
4.When waiters collect the food plates from the kitchen he would instruct his commies or his assistants to place the clean empty plates in front of the guests from the right hand side.
5.Used plates will be removed from the right hand side of the guest.
6.In french service the waiter goes around the table in a clockwise direction.
French services is elegant, efficient and requires a lot of skills, In good hotels waiters are expected to wear gloves during French services.
3) English Service
1.The food is placed on platters in the kitchen.
2.It is then brought to the restaurant by the waiter.
3.He will present the food to you(Guest) from the left hand side, then take it back to the gueridon table and place it on a “Rechaud”.
4.The waiter will be portioning out the food on to the hot plates at the gueridon table using services cutlery.
5.The portioned out food is then placed in front of the guest from the right hand side. As American services walk around the table on a clockwise direction.
6.Clearance should be done from the right hand side.
Gueridon services will be found in first class and luxury class restaurants.
4) German Services
1.The empty plates are placed in front of the guest from the right hand side.
2.The dishes (food) are garnished (decorated) and placed on the table with service spoons and forks.
This type of service while extending the highest from of the politeness is uneconomical from the hoteliers point of view.
5) Russian Services
1.The food mainly consists of “Roast game or joints”. is first presented to the guest from left hand side.
2.It is carved at the gueridon table and the carved piece of meat is placed to resemble the original from of the roast, presented to the guest from the left with service cutlery and the guests helps him -self off the platter, Otherwise waiter keep the platter in the middle of the table, so that the guest him-self off the platter.
The rest is placed on a rechaud on the left hand side of the gueridon table. It is then transferred to the carving board with the aid of services cutlery and then carved. Hot plates are placed in front of the guest after joint is carved from the right hand side of the guest. This type of service very seldom found today.